Natchez-Adams County School Board District Meeting – July 20, 2017

NATCHEZ-ADAMS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD MEETING 07-20-2017 from WESLEY BRUCE on Vimeo.

12 Comments

• Reply yall stop kicking eachother out the sand box July 23, 2017 at 9:05 pm

i just looked it up that janitor say man u need to take a pay cut a teacher for natchez only make $38,399.00 a year mr janitor you need to retire or take a pay cut that is unfair teachers go to school 4 plus years u aint doing shit but moping sweeping and wiping get the fuck out the way and quit draining the school

• Reply Dave July 27, 2017 at 5:21 pm

And pray tell, what makes you think I’m involved in this suit? Stop making assumptions sweetheart.

The grounds for the suit are extremely clear, were you not blinded by your falsely perceived prejudice and need for virtue signaling you’d see them clearly. They’re circumventing the will of the voters and tax-payers, providing zero transparency, meeting behind closed doors, and not providing adequate time or consideration to the community. Will the businesses launching suit “win”? Possibly not, but they’ll bog the NASD so deep down in legal busywork and arbitration and delay work for years and years to come, possibly until this I’ll conceived bond expires.

• Reply debra martin July 28, 2017 at 2:08 pm

You mention the law-suit no one else and I ask what was the grounds and do YOU have kids is in reference to YOU mentioning the law-suit.” Reading is fundamental check yourself first. The YOU in what grounds is a general statement to those involved in the law-suit so since YOU mention it are YOU guilty.

Please reread what I wrote “I did not say you were involve in the law-suit therefore I believe it is YOU who need to read thoroughly.”
      The law-suit is a prime example of business as usual in Natchez so you think “what grounds to you have for a law-suit”. Do you even have kids in the public school system?

• Reply Dave July 27, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Did I SAY that I was involved with this suit? Please learn to read thoroughly and do not assume.

• Reply Dave July 27, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Did I SAY I personally was involved with the suit? I think not. Please learn to read thoroughly before making baseless assumptions.

Thanks

• Reply Dave July 27, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Probably because she is.

• Reply Dave July 27, 2017 at 5:33 pm

A new building won’t supplement staff and teachers that don’t care. Fix the problem at the root, then worry about the building.

• Reply Bluebyyou July 30, 2017 at 11:38 pm

I’m fixing to begin my sixth year of teaching in public. I love my job and I’ve learned so much in such a short time. I can tell you, black or white, public or private, what makes the difference, or rather what makes the education of a young mind successful is the TEACHER. It’s really that simple. You have a teacher who knows her subject content, who is passionate, who cares about the outcome, then you have a recipe for success. When I started teaching, all I had in my room were desks and chairs. I didn’t have computers or a Smartboard (in fact, I still don’t) and guess what? Yep, I still had the top class and the most growth by the years end. I HAVE FOR THE PAST FIVE YEARS! I work with some awesome teachers, but I also work with too many who are just there to work 187 days out of the year, collecting a paycheck, and play on their cell phones. Just ask my coworker next door who literally works on paperwork for her “other job” when she’s supposed to be teaching Math and Science instead. NASD needs to focus on getting Teachers who give damn into the classroom.

Signed,
      Dedicated, but Frustrated Teacher

• Reply yall stop kicking eachother out the sand box July 29, 2017 at 12:42 pm

by the way debra to show u how i know what i am talking about how about me and u together on a random day lets go visit natchez high and watch what u see or lets organize some kind of a natchez meet the teach day and i want to judge by what i see what i here what are the credability and just is this the person i want teaching my kids so what do u say or are u just someone bumping your gums

• Reply yall stop kicking eachother out the sand box July 29, 2017 at 12:46 pm

maya angelo? dr king said lets get there together

• Reply mark shillak August 7, 2017 at 11:31 am

today is the first day of school and of corse the faculty at natchez high is back at it again wanting to kick kids out of school today my son went to school and first they called me and said my son was not registered (i went to the school at the end of the school year and registered my son and they said he was ready for next year thats what was told to me) so i get ready to go register my son and i get another phone call from natchez high this time it is perry revels he is over the 12 grade and he tells me now my son is kicked out for the day because he had a phone in his pocket not out in his hand or was he on it this is what i have said in the past there are no real educators in that school so we all no this is the first day of school so my son dont get any warning or anything just gets kicked out for one day please someone tell me would a real educator do that then i even tried to talk to tony fields and he just kept running from me and he wants to be mayor and cant even stand his ground and talk to a parent i am very worried about all the kids over there they are truly our next leaders and the faculty at natchez high is only worried about getting the next check at some point the parents (the tax payer)is going to have to stand up and hold these people accountable for what they are doing o yea now since i am not a parent that is scared or just going to lay down and take it all of a sudden now my son is not kicked out of school to me that shows a sign of guilt so i say to the parents of the students if this is what we got to work with for our children education lets hold them accountable for everything they do like they are doing the kids we have to do better as a comunity not white or black as a whole please we dont need a new school we need real educators first then we can work on a new building a building would be a waste when this type of faculty is going to be in there calling there selves educators they are more worried about is my wig on straight is my nails did how is my makeup and being very fashionable and (the men over there checking there wigs and nails to) when u take all that off who are you i can tell you a fake educator that don’t care that’s what u have and taking (stealing the tax payer money)and let me say this to the people that don’t own property you are still a tax payer every time you go in a store and give that 7 cents on a dollar you are a tax payer stand up and lets get these type out and get our kids educated it is there right as an american you no when u work some where and some workers don’t want to do there job i think they now work at natchez high from this point forward i am going to post the truth about this faculty on all goverment sites and all social sites and edu sites and hope and pray that the right person will read this and do something about it my name is mark shillak if anyone have a different view or anything at all i am not hard to find you are welcome to knock n my door and lets see how we as a whole can make this better

• Reply mark shillak August 7, 2017 at 11:35 am

please who ever u are that aprove the post please let my post stay it is only he truth that needs to be read and if you take it down then we will no that there is one person that don’t care

• Type Your Comment Below